June 24th, 2012 | Comments Off
ISTE 2012 is in San Diego. I’ve been to ISTE a few times, but never San Diego. San Diego sort of has a Boston back bay feel to it, but not quite. Maybe it’s the palm lined streets, the casual walk and the pure sunshine, but the atmosphere is more Disney.
Besides doing some interviews, and checking out new education products, I’m participating in an Education Think Tank sponsored by Dell. I’m excited about this gathering, because it will have three students at the table, and those students will monitor—essentially run the whole thing. These kids have Bios that are amazing, and being at the same table will be an honor. These kids are doing things and going places.
I’m also here to do some networking. There are people I haven’t seen in a long time, so I’ll be stopping at many exhibit booths, doing a few interviews and shooting a bit of video. I love finding out the newest and latest in education solutions—right at the source.
Speaking of newest and latest, I caught up with Joe Riddle, publisher of the SmartBrief Education Group, and Tom Whitby, who is a leading PLN, Twitter, social media, and education champion. Tom is also the Social Media Consultant for SmartBrief. I think Joe and Tom really have something, so check it out at SmartBlog on Education. They’ve lined up some very influential, as well as new education voices to post there. ISTE is sort of a launch—so get there and read it!
Written by Ken Royal
34-year veteran educator, ed tech author, and education marketplace reporter.
- Education Fast Forward
- ISTE13: Emphasis on Presentation
- Mobile Learning: Top 7 Recommendations
- Biggest EdTech Question: How?
- Learning from Vine
- Reflections on Smudged Screens
- Thank-A-Teacher Educator Bound for #ISTE13
- Education Tablets: Look for More Than A Device
- Learning Communities and Collaboration
- Contest Thanks Teachers with Trip to #ISTE13
- ActivBus: A Field Trip That Comes to You!
- Prioritizing Education: Technology 5 Out of 7?
- Google Glass: Exploring Education Possibilities
- It Works! Show Me It Works!
- SXSWedu Is InBloom
- Reading Aloud: Are Audio Books Reading?
- STEM Process: Know The Steps?
- ICT Move to Computer Science More Than A Makeover
- New Tablets Responding to Classroom Demand
- Many Hands Touching Digital Mysteries
- Collaboration Is Such An Easy Word to Say
- IWBs, ActivTables, Tablets, Touch Marvelous With Win8
- Listening to Educators at BETT 2013
- BETT13 An Education World’s Fair
- BETT Is Where Dorothy Should Have Landed
© 2013 Royal Reports